Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

If you didn't know Easter was coming...

...now you know. People in Astoria take their holiday decorations seriously. Take a look.

Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny and their picket fence


Some trees blossom, some ovulate.
The bunny glows and purrs electric at night.
Pretty impressive, right? Well, not all efforts pan out the same way.

Blue bunny
Stickers

Aw.
Ever since I stopped going to church a long long time ago, I only have vague notions of when religious holidays come around, besides Christmas. I only know it's Ash Wednesday when I see people walking around with black smudges on their foreheads, Yom Kippur and Ramadan when Jewish and Arab friends get grumpy, Passover when the same Jewish friends get picky about restaurants, and Lent when non-Jews or -Arabs talk about giving something up. So I'm thankful for the clues around the neighborhood, because I have been saying for years that I will go to church on Easter Sunday to hear some amazing organ music. Maybe I'll actually do it this year.

1 comment:

  1. Am I allowed to roll on the floor laughing or is that just too cruel? :D And on the second thought I actually find that huge pink bunny rather scary... Good to hear from you anyways.

    Love, Piia

    ReplyDelete